Saturday, April 2, 2011

F (Author) - Crescendo - Becca Fitzgerald (Hush, Hush #2) (427 pages)

Cool things happen when you read a book a week. I was contacted by a representative of Sea Lion Books, a new publishing house. They recently acquired the rights to Hush, Hush and they will be turning that book into a graphic novel! I think this is a story that will lend itself well to the graphic touch. Patrick from the company wanted to thank me for the review I had written and wanted to let me know about upcoming Sea Lion titles! See kids - Reading IS Fundamental!


Now on to Crescendo...Nora and Patch and the gang are back in this second installment of the Hush, Hush series. Nora makes some discoveries about her past, her father's death, a potential sibling and some big bad's from other worlds that want to get rid of her. Patch is less evident in this book as they have a semi-break up in this one. Nora and her bestie meet new people and create some new adventures. 


I still read this book at a pretty fast clip, but I will say that it decrescendo'd more than it crescendo'd for me. Some of the story was flat and formulaic. I cannot tell if that was because Fitzgerald pushed pretty quickly to get this second book out or if the story was just less interesting. In my defense, second books in series usually don't pass muster with me and then there is redemption in book three...seriously hoping that is the case with this series. I have some time before number three drops - but I am looking forward to seeing how the saga wraps up. This was a nice read - just not as engrossing as the first. Still worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment